Life

From: Bertvan@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 16:39:20 EDT

    Steve C:
    >If science cannot explain evolution, why suppose it can explain something
    >like ID?

    Bertvan:
    I realize you disagree, Steve, but to me it is obvious that the universe is
    designed. I am skeptical that anyone will explain the origin of the design.
     I consider it possible that we might achieve a better understanding of
    evolution if free will, consciousness, intelligence, purpose, creativity,
    spontaneity and choice were acknowledged as characteristics of life. We will
    surely never understand life by pretending such qualities aren't "real", and
    by insisting that life is governed by the physical laws that govern
    non-living matter.
    Bertvan