RE: Anti-evolutionists use of quotes 2/2

From: Troy Britain (troybritain@compuserve.com)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 04:59:01 EDT

    Hi all (Stephen),

    SJ>> I thought I would check which of Hoyle's books Troy has in his large
    library so I could refer Troy to them. But guess what? On Troy's complete
    science book listing, which Don referred me to at:

     http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/troybritain/Scilib.html, Troy does
    not have *any* of Hoyle's books listed! . . . Just to be sure I also checked
    Troy's sub-page "On creationism, Anti-creationism & other Pseudosciences",
    at:

     http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/troybritain/anticreationism.htm
    but there was no reference to any of Hoyle's books there either.

    Doesn't it strike others as extraordinary that the one anti-evolutionist
    Troy chose to attack, he doesn't have listed even *one* of his books? <<

     Hoyle, Fred and Wickramasinghe, Chandra (1981) _Evolution From Space_ chap.
    8 _Insects from Space?_

     Hoyle, Fred (1983) _The Intelligent Universe: A New View of Creation and
    Evolution_<<

     SJ>> None of which appeared in Troy's complete list of books on his web
    page. <<

     Stephen seems to think it is very significant that he couldn't find any of
    Hoyle's books in my science library or in the anti-creationist subsection
    therein. He apparently thinks that this somehow reflects poorly on my
    scholarship.

     Hmmm...perhaps it is significant.

     [Psssst! Hey Stephen, you might want to look in the
    creationism/anti-evolution section of my library, in which five of the
    current one hundred and ninety references are under the name Hoyle:

     http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/troybritain/Creat.html ]

     Bye

     Troy Britain (Amateur Naturalist)