Re: How is this for an Anti-Evolutionist's use of quotes?

From: Allen & Diane Roy (Dianeroy@peoplepc.com)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 15:05:53 EDT

    From: Susan Brassfield <Susan-Brassfield@ou.edu
    > Allen Roy:
    > > So far, no one has addressed the real issue. Did I misquote the
    > >author? Did I quote out of context?
    >
    > yes, in that the problems you mention have solutions and you avoided
    > quoting those.

    Are you for real Sue? There are no solutions or fixes. The assumptions for
    the method are invalidated. All it would take is one invalidation, but
    two of the assumptions are "commonly" invalidated. This means that the
    method cannot work, period!

    It cannot work some of the time. It has to work all of the time. The only
    thing that will work is to develop another method which objectively (not
    subjectively after the fact) can determine just exactly which isotopes are
    radiogentic and which are not. And you need to be able to objectively (not
    subjectively guess) determine which isotopes have been transported into the
    sample and which isotopes have been transported out of the sample. Until
    you can objectively, scientifically do that it is impossible to do
    radiometric dating validly. You cannot take a broken, faulty theory and
    patch it up with rationalizations.

    And no, the Isochron method is not the golden goose that laid the golden
    egg. It is just as flawed as regular radiometric dating.

    Allen