Re: Isotopic Homogeneity [ was Re: How is this for an Anti-Evolutionist's use of quotes? ]

From: Allen & Diane Roy (Dianeroy@peoplepc.com)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 15:05:20 EDT

    From: Tedd Hadley <hadley@reliant.yxi.com>
    > Tedd Hadley writes
    > in message <9948.957460096@agamemnon>:
    > > "Allen & Diane Roy" writes in message
    > > > This is saying that the ratio of D/Di is homogenous throughout the
    > > > magma.
    > > How could they not be? Chemical processes do not distinguish
    > > between D/Di so there's no way they could get separated.
    > >
    > > Are you suggesting that there is a force that separates D & Di,
    > > or perhaps a force that creates a bunch of D over here and a
    > > bunch of Di over there? What is this force?

    We can go on and on about what we think can or can not happen. Show me
    scientific evidence that D and Di are indiscriminately used in chemical
    reactions in magma so that the ratio D/Di is isotopically homogenous. I
    don't want just statements that that is what will/does happen. I want
    evidence that cannot be interpreted in any other way. Otherwise all this
    speculation is a waste of time.

    I find it curious that the Talk.Origins article does not present any
    evidence to back up this assertion. Their strongest statement is "Suppose"
    D/Di is isotopically homogenous. Strange talk on such a vital point. It is
    not up to me to prove them wrong. They must show evidence that cannot be
    interpreted any other way. After all, it is their theory, not mine. If
    they cannot support this point, they have no right to claim it valid.

    And you have not offered any scientific evidence either, you have only
    asserted that this is the case. Not good enough. Show me experiments that
    cover all minerals and chemical compounds where the ratio D/Di is always
    consistent.

    Allen