Why lie? was: Re: the role of sex in evolution

From: Susan Brassfield (Susan-Brassfield@ou.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 12:52:45 EDT

    >No. If Tedd claims that I have made an out-of-context quote, he should be
    >able to state objectively what the context is and why my quote does not fit
    >it.
    >
    >If I am wrong I will admit it and thank Tedd. I have no desire, or need, to
    >post out-of-context quotes.

    But I've already done that in this thread:
    http://www.calvin.edu/archive/evolution/199911/0210.html

    you eventually admitted you didn't pick up an edited quote from the web or
    "The Little Creationist Quote Book" but edited the quote yourself.

    >Besides, it is *Tedd* who is playing this "out-of-context" quote "game", in
    >order that we cannot get around to discussing "details, issues and evidence
    >and actually defending arguments raised...".

    none of us who debate you have any confidence in your quotes. They are too
    often obviously out of context and quite dishonest.

    Susan

    For if there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing
    of life as in hoping for another and in eluding the implacable grandeur of
    this one.
    --Albert Camus

    http://www.telepath.com/susanb/