Re: When peer review is really peer pressure

From: Huxter4441@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 14:10:09 EDT

    In a message dated 4/20/00 1:59:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time, cliff@cab.com
    writes:

    << Susan Brassfield wrote:

    >Abiogenesis has nothing to do with evolution. Evolution is about the
    >history of life on earth. Abiogenesis is about how that life got started. I
    >must have typed those sentences hundreds of times over the years I've
    >debated creationists. I've also read them hundreds of times when they were
    >typed by other evolutionists in the debate.

     This seems like saying that the landing of Columbus in North America
     has nothing to do with the history of North America. I don't see why one
     would argue that abiogenesis is distinct from evolution, unless one were
     thinking that abiogenesis was a product of divine intervention and that
     subsequent evolution was not. What other reason could there be for finding
     the distinction significant? >>

    Actually, it is nothing like that. It is, if anything, more like saying that
    the exact structure of the uranium atom must be known before fission will
    take place.