Re: When peer review is really peer pressure

From: Cliff Lundberg (cliff@cab.com)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 13:40:55 EDT

    Susan Brassfield wrote:

    >Abiogenesis has nothing to do with evolution. Evolution is about the
    >history of life on earth. Abiogenesis is about how that life got started. I
    >must have typed those sentences hundreds of times over the years I've
    >debated creationists. I've also read them hundreds of times when they were
    >typed by other evolutionists in the debate.

    This seems like saying that the landing of Columbus in North America
    has nothing to do with the history of North America. I don't see why one
    would argue that abiogenesis is distinct from evolution, unless one were
    thinking that abiogenesis was a product of divine intervention and that
    subsequent evolution was not. What other reason could there be for finding
    the distinction significant?

    --Cliff Lundberg  ~  San Francisco  ~  cliff@cab.com