tests and predictions

From: billwald@juno.com
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 16:28:13 EDT

    >"I now wish to give some reasons why I regard Darwinism as metaphysical,

    >and as a research programme. It is metaphysical because it is not
    testable.

    Neither macro evolution nor Creationism are testable. Macro evolution is
    not testable because any test must span many generations. Creationism is
    not testable because Creationist theology teaches that God stopped
    creating on the 6th day thus any test is ipso facto heretical. Micro
    evolution has been observed.

    >Thus Darwinism does not really predict the evolution of variety.

    Creationism and Darwinism purport to describe historical events. History
    is descriptive, not predictive. For example, global warming vs. comming
    ice age. Both sides use the same historical data to make opposite
    conclusions.

    >PD: No, of course not. But the question is would we expect to find any
    >intelligent life and I think most biologists would say no.

    Seems to me that most Creationists equate evolution with social
    Darwinism.
    There is no evidence that abstract intelligence makes for biological
    fitness. Just the opposite.

    billwald@juno.com

    Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
    http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.