Re: Ah, it's 2d law time again (was An introduction)

From: Stephen E. Jones (sejones@iinet.net.au)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 16:56:13 EST

    Reflectorites

    On Wed, 22 Mar 2000 00:16:03 -0500, David_Bowman@georgetowncollege.edu wrote:

    DB>Regarding Stephen Jones' request:

    >SJ>AFAIK it has *never* been pointed out to me, by David or anyone else,
    >>that "*both* the cosmic *and* the Earth-based arguments are completely
    >>bogus".
    >>
    >>Perhaps David would post an excerpt from his, or anyone else's post, on
    >>this Reflector which pointed this out to me?

    DB>Ok. How about this one? On 11 AUG 97 you posted the message:
    >
    > Subject: Re: Origin of life, thermodynamics 2/2 #2A
    > Creator: sejones@ibm.net
    > Message Id: 199708112211.WAA44370(a)out2.ibm.net
    > Create Date: 08/11/97 17:52:43 (EST)
    > Received Date: 08/11/97 18:10:36 (EST)
    > FROM: sejones@ibm.net
    > TO: evolution@calvin.edu
    >
    >In this message you quoted from: Ratzsch D.L., "The Battle of
    >Beginnings", 1996, pp91-92 (and made many other quotes by many other
    >authors as well).
    >
    >(Unfortunately this post was made then the Calvin archiver was broken
    >and it never got properly archived, although its sequel: "Re: Origin of
    >life, thermodynamics 2/2 #2B" *did* get archived at the colostate.edu
    >archive.)

    Thanks to David for this. But *1996* and *1997* (below) hardly qualifies
    for me "repeatedly bringing the quote up"!

    But what David does not say is that I had unsubscribed from the Reflector
    to go on a 3 months overseas trip and I had resubscribed just to send
    the above and some other posts, and I then immediately unsubscribed
    again: