Re: Marxism and Darwinism

From: Susan Brassfield (Susan-Brassfield@ou.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 15:14:51 EST

    >At 02:30 PM 3/19/00 +0000, Richard wrote:
    >>From: Brian D Harper <bharper@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu>
    >>
    >> >Everything has been documented in great detail. To say that they consulted
    >> >creationist organization doesn't do justice to the deviousness of the
    >> >subcommittee.
    >> >Its quite amazing. The place to start is the minutes of the August 11
    >> >meeting of
    >> >the school board. I'll leave you to your own investigations since, as I
    >> >said above,
    >> >I do not feel like continuing this discussion.
    >>
    >>Are those minutes available on-line?

    Brian:
    >Yes, a good source for the documentation I mentioned is the Kansas
    >Association of biology teachers web page. On their resources
    >page they have a link to the science standards controversy. Here's
    >a direct path to that page:
    >
    >http://www.kcfs.org/compare.html
    >
    > From there you can get to the minutes, here's a direct link to the August
    >minutes:
    >
    >http://www.kcfs.org/Minutes/0899boardmin.html
    >
    >You need to scroll down about halfway to get to the August 11 meeting.

    Very interesting reading. This makes it clear that the Kansas science
    standards had no popular support at all. That they were developed in secret
    and imposed on the state by a few fundamentalists.

    I'm sure Bertvan is up in arms.

    Susan

    For if there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing
    of life as in hoping for another and in eluding the implacable grandeur of
    this one.
    --Albert Camus

    http://www.telepath.com/susanb/