Re: the *fantastic* molecular machinery of the cell

From: Cliff Lundberg (cliff@noe.com)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 13:15:49 EST

    -Bertvan@aol.com wrote:

    >Don't you think you are being unfair to Steve?

    No, nor am I being unfair to his arguments. It's nice that you
    think the important thing is that people should get along well,
    but I sometimes get carried away and just discuss the topics.

    >I've never heard him criticize any aspect of evolution except
    >Darwinism. (random mutation and natural selection as an
    >explanation of macro evolution.) You criticize that yourself.

    No, I accept RM&NS as fundamental and operative. Mechanisms
    like symbionts becoming genomically integrated or Siamese-twinning
    operate within RM&NS.

    >You seem to have some thoughts about the role symbiosis played in evolution.
    >Do you have any web links which discuss it? I read (in fact I bought)
    >Hpyersea by the McMenamins. These days ideas are several years old by the
    >time they appear in a book, but if you know some a book which would be
    >particularly helpful I'd be eager to try it.

    I'm afraid I'm a really weird guy who likes to think up his own ideas.
    I don't post a lot of quotes and URLs. Arguments from authority don't
    interest me.

    --Cliff Lundberg  ~  San Francisco  ~  cliff@noe.com