Re: Marxism and Darwinism

From: Brian D Harper (bharper@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 17:39:04 EST

    At 02:30 PM 3/19/00 +0000, Richard wrote:
    >From: Brian D Harper <bharper@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu>
    >
    > >Everything has been documented in great detail. To say that they consulted
    > >creationist organization doesn't do justice to the deviousness of the
    > >subcommittee.
    > >Its quite amazing. The place to start is the minutes of the August 11
    > >meeting of
    > >the school board. I'll leave you to your own investigations since, as I
    > >said above,
    > >I do not feel like continuing this discussion.
    >
    >Are those minutes available on-line?

    Yes, a good source for the documentation I mentioned is the Kansas
    Association of biology teachers web page. On their resources
    page they have a link to the science standards controversy. Here's
    a direct path to that page:

    http://www.kcfs.org/compare.html

     From there you can get to the minutes, here's a direct link to the August
    minutes:

    http://www.kcfs.org/Minutes/0899boardmin.html

    You need to scroll down about halfway to get to the August 11 meeting.

    Brian Harper | "If you don't understand
    Associate Professor | something and want to
    Applied Mechanics | sound profound, use the
    The Ohio State University | word 'entropy'"