RE: Religiosity and Divorce

From: John E. Rylander (rylander@prolexia.com)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 17:55:57 EST

    None of this is relevant for this list, of course, but it'd be interesting
    to find the marriage rates for atheists. I.e., a very simple way to avoid
    divorce is to avoid marriage. I.e., the significant statistic is
    "percentage of at-some-time-married adults who divorce", rather than
    "percentage of people generally who divorce". (I would guess atheists have
    a significantly lower marriage rate, but have no scientific survey data on
    that.)