proof & truth

From: Cliff Lundberg (cliff@noe.com)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 15:36:03 EST

    Steve Clark wrote:

    >This is an example of the phenomenon that if something is said often enough
    >it becomes "truth". To say that people are born with a certain type of
    >sexual orientation is to make a socio/political statement rather than a
    >statement of biological fact. There is NOTHING that proves this
    >proposition.

    Uh-oh, I have wondered when homosexuality was going to come
    up in this evolution forum.

    Why should homosexuals' heartful protestations about what they
    actually feel to be the case be ignored? Why should an old biblical
    view be upheld with arguments about the nature of scientific evidence?
    There is NOTHING that proves the biblical view that the condition is
    not a condition at all, but merely a sin.

    --Cliff Lundberg  ~  San Francisco  ~  cliff@noe.com