RE: The Anti-Evolutionary Arguments We See Here

John E. Rylander (rylander@prolexia.com)
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 19:31:58 -0500

Unfortunately, Ron, the arguments are sloppy simpliciter, regardless of
mindset.

Unless sloppiness itself is a mindset. But I think of sloppiness as a
qualifier, that can in principle apply equally well to particular EC, PC,
YEC, etc. ideas. At one point some very careful and deeply thoughtful
(rather than simply smart, prolific, and sloppy) IDers were contributing to
this list (e.g., Steve Meyer), but they very understandably have other fish
to fry (trying to complete books, articles, etc.) and so are no longer
participating here. It's our loss.

I'd love it if this weren't the case: the biblical, apologetical, and even
philosophical theology of self-evident, miraculous, special creation would
be in certain respects much easier. And sloppy arguments are easy to
digest, in that they don't require careful thinking (indeed, they preclude
it). But easy doesn't equal either good or true, as we all know in other
contexts.

--John