Re: The Anti-Evolutionary Arguments We See Here

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Tue, 08 Sep 1998 19:43:00 -0500

Hi Ron,

At 06:04 PM 9/8/98 -0500, Ron Chitwood wrote:
>higher or
>lower degree of rhetorical sophistication combined with scientific and
>logical dross, pretty much always in the directions of grotesque
>caricature,
>gross exaggeration, or just sloppy confusion.
>It's a pity. It really is.<<<<
>
>Depends on your mindset. If you basically believe evolutionary principles
>are true and that science is finding answers excluding God, you are
>correct. If your mindset is "...in the beginning, God...." then one finds
>the arguments cogent and usually intelligent. I, for one, find them much
>nearer the truth than macroevolutionists.

Ron, one can go to the Green River Formation in Wyoming and count 6.5
million couplets of sappropel/limestone--called a couplet. (Art, this is
Lake Gosuite). The personal beliefs of the counter do not influence the
count.

One can then measure the thickness of the various layers (digitally is
best) and perform a mathematical process on those thicknesses called a
fourier transform. This mathematical procedure shows periodicities or
cyclicities in the thickness data. What it shows in the case of the Green
river is a 5.8 couplet cycle, an 11 couplet cycle, a 20,000 couplet cycle
and a 100 thousand year cycle. It just so happens that if one believes
that the couplets represent a single year deposition then

the 5.8 couplet cycle is equivalent to the period of El Nino
the 11 couplet cycle is equivalent to the period of the sunspot cycle
the 20,000 couplet cycle is equivalent to the precession of the equinoxes
the 100,000 couplet cycle is equivalent to the period of the earth's
orbital eccentricity

Why should these periodicities exist if all this was dumped into existence
in a single year? Without believing in an old earth these periodicities
are meaningless.
here is the documentation.

" The cyclicities discussed are developed at seven levels. High-frequency
cycles in the Tipton and Laney members include the annual cycle expressed
in varving (1), the grouping of varves into El Nino (ENSO)-type (5.8) year
cycles (2), their grouping into sunspot cycles (3), and their grouping into
30-year cycles(4). Low-frequencey cycles from the Milankovitch frequency
band are seen in the Tipton and Wilkins Peak members, and include the
precessional 20 ka cycle (5) and the ca. 100 ka eccentricity cycle (6).
Cycle categories 1,5, and 6 are discussed here, while 2,3 and 4 are dealt
with the Ripepe et al."~Alfred G. Fischer and Lillian T. Roberts,
"Cyclicity in the Green River Formation (Lacustrine Eocene) of Wyoming,"
Journal of Sedimentary Petrology, 61:7, December 1991, p.1147

Now if we have an old earth, then one must explain why NO living species of
mammal is found in rocks older than the Miocene (~15 million years ago).
All life forms found in those rocks are different. Why are there NO modern
animals found in those rocks? If there was no evolution, there is no
answer for this question either.

If there was a global flood, why did all the animals on the ark, which
repopulated the world, leave no dead bodies in the sediments of the flood?
glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood