Re: Behe's Irreducible Complexity Squared

Joseph Mastropaolo (mastropaolo@net999.com)
Thu, 03 Sep 1998 21:21:01 -0700

Tim writes:
> I think we should take the time to consider the possibility that
> at least some irreducibly complex systems may evolve (via indirect
> means, as John points out).
>
> Otherwise, we're going to have to start looking for the nano-sized
> engineers which installed new and irreducibly complex functions in
> some of the bacteria I once cultured.
>
> Regards,
> Tim Ikeda (tikeda@sprintmail.com)

I am interested in those bacteria. Did they seem to develop some novel
functions? If so, do you have thoughts on the source of the
variability? Was it something like the iteration of viruses or of the
immune system?

Evolved or not seems retrospective which seems speculative unless
confirmed by a reproducible experiment. How do you see it?

Good wishes,
Joseph Mastropaolo (mastropaolo@net999.com)