RE: 5.5 mya Mediterranean Flood coup de grace? (was An Evil Fruit)

Stephen Jones (sejones@ibm.net)
Fri, 04 Sep 1998 11:08:54 +0800

Pim

On Mon, 17 Aug 1998 09:23:35 -0700, Pim van Meurs wrote:

>SJ>Yes. I didn't realise I had sent it and I asked my son to check it and he
>found the error! When I went back to correct it, I found I had already
>sent it. By I have already sent a correction which still is a "death blow"
>to the 5.5 mya Mediterranean Flood theory.>>

PM>Me thinks you cry victory

I did not (and do not yet) "cry victory". My heading was a *question*: "RE:
5.5 mya Mediterranean Flood coup de grace?". Note the question mark.

And my original message was tentative:

On Thu, 13 Aug 1998 22:42:35 +0800, Stephen Jones wrote (My added
emphases):

SJ>"...I delivered what I THOUGHT to be the coup de grace to Glenn's
>5.5 mya Mediterranean Flood theory....UNLESS MY MATHS IS
HORRIBLY WRONG (WHICH IS ALWAYS POSSIBLE!)....which I
BELIEVE is fatal to Glenn's 5.5 mya Mediterranean Flood theory:"

But the sentence "I have already sent a correction which still is a "death blow"
to the 5.5 mya Mediterranean Flood theory" is too brief and does not
reflect what I was (and am) thinking. It should be understood in the sense
of "if it holds up". Here is my correction:

"I have already sent a correction which (if it holds up), would still be a
"death blow" to the 5.5 mya Mediterranean Flood theory.

But I repeat that I do not yet "cry victory" until I see all Glenn's responses.

PM>too soon

See above. I have not even cried "victory" yet.

PM>and too often.

And what other occasions have I cried "victory"?

PM>Perhaps an attempt to read what Glenn wrote would surely help the
>discussion.

I *have* been reading "what Glenn wrote".

Indeed, "an attempt" by *you* "to read what" *I* "wrote would surely
help the discussion"!

PM>But that would be the death blow to the death blow.

Now here *you* "cry victory" on behalf of Glenn! How do you *know* that
if I "read what Glenn wrote" then that "would be the death blow to the
death blow"? Do you somehow know *in advance* that Glenn's 5.5 mya
Mediterranean Flood theory is right, without even needing to consider
any evidence?

Stephen E (Steve) Jones ,--_|\ sejones@ibm.net
3 Hawker Avenue / Oz \ senojes@hotmail.com
Warwick 6024 ->*_,--\_/ Phone +61 8 9448 7439
Perth, West Australia v "Test everything." (1Thess 5:21)