Re: numerology

Vernon Jenkins (vernon.jenkins@virgin.net)
Sat, 01 Aug 1998 22:51:50 +0100

Cliff Lundberg wrote:

> Vernon Jenkins wrote:
>
> > May I suggest that these truths - which represent a standing miracle -
> > must be now be acknowledged and their significance urgently discussed;
> > they are not there by chance, but by divine edict.

Cliff, you wrote,

> The numeric significance of letters and words was well known to
> literate Hebrews and was utilized by poets and punsters, as well as
> numerologists. Why couldn't Moses or whoever have consciously arranged
> the text to have some numeric symmetries?

The history of alphabetic numeration begins in Greece c600 BC, to be
adopted by the Jews c200 BC. The books of Moses had been written many
centuries before. Does it not require a divine hand to load significant
words with coordinated geometries that appear after the fact? Clearly,
your suggestion can have no substance.

May I suggest that you carefully examine the observational data and
consider the site and the circumstances attending it.

Vernon

http://www.compulink.co.uk/~indexer/miracla1.htm