Re: An Evil Fruit

Vernon Jenkins (vernon.jenkins@virgin.net)
Sat, 01 Aug 1998 22:34:22 +0100

Glenn R. Morton wrote:

> Hi Vernon,
>
> If the area flooded were the Mesopotamian basin, I would agree with > you. But with the Mediterranean, where I put the flood, Noah et al > would have had to march 800 km across a desert to escape the flood.

Hi Glenn,

I don't follow your logic here. There was surely safe ground on the
northern rim of the Med; and the idea of God instructing Noah to build
an ark in these circumstances can surely be interpreted as a divine
joke! It is a great weakness in your theory.

> I would cite a verse Christians don't like and Henry Morris only >quotes the first phrase:
>Isaiah 45: 7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and
>create evil: I the LORD do all these things. God claims credit for >disasters/evil.

Yes, I believe that, for He holds everything in His hands. The purpose
of this life, as I understand it, is to prepare those who will to be
perfected by Him and become more like His Son, so that they may be able
to enjoy eternal life with Him. In love, He chastises those who love
Him. We Christians can expect no easy passage.

> If the flood were anthroppologically universal (that is killed all but >8 humans), then all the descendants of Noah would have the flood >stories passed down to them. THis is the same explanation you have. >What is the problem?

There is no problem. On reflection, the point I was making really isn't
valid.

> Can you then explain the quantity of CO2 put into the atmosphere via >the volcanism. You earlier claimed that you cared about the >observational data so please explain the data.

Before I can comment, I should have to study the data in depth.

> Yes, their theory fits the facts, those who fight against it are >forced to deny the observational data before their own eyes, which then >makes Christians look like ostriches.

I am wondering whether the observed facts might not be explained in some
other way. The Lord's warning regarding 'Evil Fruit' still rings in my
ears. Concerning those matters which help us follow the Lord's
admonition to love Him, and love one another, I see evolution as
completely negative, ie it yields no 'good fruit'.

> I don't know what you are talking about. I must have missed >something. Can you explain this again if you have already done it. I >apologize for missing what you said.

I was obviously mistaken in my belief that you scanned all incoming
emails for interesting material. You will find what I had in mind in the
earlier communication, sent this evening.

> I believe that God created the universe. Why do you think I don't. >God designed and brought the entire shebang into existence. WHat I >disagree with you about is that God did it the way you claim.

I have no doubt at all that you are a committed believer. However, we
shall have to agree to differ as to the manner in which it was done.

By the way, I'm working through the material on your site. You appear to
have just one account of an intermediate. Are you really convinced that
such creatures can be viable? And where is the evidence among the strata
of the complete geologic column you offer?

Vernon

http://www.compulink.co.uk/~indexer/miracla1.htm