Re: Growing problems?????

Ron Chitwood (chitw@flash.net)
Sat, 6 Jun 1998 17:02:13 -0500

>>>"In 1963, 65 percent of Americans believed the Bible was literally true.
This figure fell to 38 percent by 1978. the proportion of fundamentalists
hovered between 37 and 39 percent between 1978 and 1984, but has begun to
inch down again since then [down to 34 percent in 1985, and 31 percent in
1989].'"~George Gallup and Jim Castelli, The People's Religion (New York:
Macmillan 1989), pp 60-61 cited by Edward T. Babinski, Leaving the Fold
(Amherst: Prometheus Books, 1995) p. 22<<<

Actually, these figures are irrelevant. Historically, true Christianity
has ALWAYS been in the minority. The 65% figure you quoted actually
surprises me. I never thought it was that high. To quote from our Lord
in Matt. 7:13-14 "...wide is the gate that leads to destruction....narrow
is the gate that leads to life...." You and I both see that daily all
around us.

Ye shall know the Truth, and the Truth
shall make you free. John 8:32
Ron Chitwood
chitw@flash.net

----------
> From: Glenn R. Morton <grmorton@waymark.net>
> To: Ron Chitwood <chitw@flash.net>; EVOLUTION@calvin.edu
> Subject: Re: Growing problems?????
> Date: Friday, June 05, 1998 8:42 PM

> >from evolution that creationists have claimed has been occurring for
many
> >years. If it is occurring, then why don't we see universities teaching
> >anti-evolution?<<<
> >
> >Oh, it is occurring. Since 1964, when THE GENESIS FLOOD came out, an
> >increasing amount of anti-Darwin literature has become available until
its
> >now flooding the market. The continent has never accepted Darwinism the
> >way that U.S. Scientists have, and it seems like more and more
anti-Darwin
> >literature is from people that are not creationists, to begin with. Our
> >Universities are 'ruled' by older professors who were Darwinists in
their
> >youth, but as death takes its inevitable toll our colleges stance will
> >change, too. After all, as you of all people should be cognizant of, it
> >takes time. Speaking of time, your stance seems to be mentioned in
Eccl.