Re: Growing problems?????

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Sat, 06 Jun 1998 19:21:30 -0500

At 05:02 PM 6/6/98 -0500, Ron Chitwood wrote:
>This figure fell to 38 percent by 1978. the proportion of fundamentalists
>hovered between 37 and 39 percent between 1978 and 1984, but has begun to
>inch down again since then [down to 34 percent in 1985, and 31 percent in
>1989].'"~George Gallup and Jim Castelli, The People's Religion (New York:
>Macmillan 1989), pp 60-61 cited by Edward T. Babinski, Leaving the Fold
>(Amherst: Prometheus Books, 1995) p. 22<<<
>
>Actually, these figures are irrelevant. Historically, true Christianity
>has ALWAYS been in the minority. The 65% figure you quoted actually
>surprises me. I never thought it was that high. To quote from our Lord
>in Matt. 7:13-14 "...wide is the gate that leads to destruction....narrow
>is the gate that leads to life...." You and I both see that daily all
>around us.

I don't think it is irrelevant to the claim that more and more are
rejecting evolution. Afterall, young-earth creationists often say that
there are only two possibilities, creation or evolution. Henry Morris says,

The only alternative to an evolutionary origin for the universe and its
life is that of creation. And since creation is assumed to be outside the
sphere of scientific study, evolution is chosen as the only alternative." ~
Henry M. Morris, Evolution and the Modern Christian, (Phillipsburg:
Presbyterian and Reformed, 1967), p. 19

If more and more people are rejecting evolution it would follow that they
are accepting creation. If they aren't, what are they accepting?
glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood