Re: Growing problems?????

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Fri, 05 Jun 1998 20:42:25 -0500

At 09:11 AM 6/5/98 -0500, Ron Chitwood wrote:
>from evolution that creationists have claimed has been occurring for many
>years. If it is occurring, then why don't we see universities teaching
>anti-evolution?<<<
>
>Oh, it is occurring. Since 1964, when THE GENESIS FLOOD came out, an
>increasing amount of anti-Darwin literature has become available until its
>now flooding the market. The continent has never accepted Darwinism the
>way that U.S. Scientists have, and it seems like more and more anti-Darwin
>literature is from people that are not creationists, to begin with. Our
>Universities are 'ruled' by older professors who were Darwinists in their
>youth, but as death takes its inevitable toll our colleges stance will
>change, too. After all, as you of all people should be cognizant of, it
>takes time. Speaking of time, your stance seems to be mentioned in Eccl.
>9:11 "....but time and chance happeneth to them all."

I agree with you that there is lots of anti-darwinist literature. What I
disagree with is that it is a growing group of people accepting
anti-darwinism. I don't see very many non-christians taking on evolution.
"In 1963, 65 percent of Americans believed the Bible was literally true.
This figure fell to 38 percent by 1978. the proportion of fundamentalists
hovered between 37 and 39 percent between 1978 and 1984, but has begun to
inch down again since then [down to 34 percent in 1985, and 31 percent in
1989].'"~George Gallup and Jim Castelli, The People's Religion (New York:
Macmillan 1989), pp 60-61 cited by Edward T. Babinski, Leaving the Fold
(Amherst: Prometheus Books, 1995) p. 22

Since the fundamentalists are the ones who believe that the Bible is
historical and believe that evolution is false, and they are decreasing in
number. Where is this upsurge in anti-evolutionists? Can you document it by
means of non christian books?

glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood