Re: Growing problems?????

Ron Chitwood (chitw@flash.net)
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 09:11:27 -0500

from evolution that creationists have claimed has been occurring for many
years. If it is occurring, then why don't we see universities teaching
anti-evolution?<<<

Oh, it is occurring. Since 1964, when THE GENESIS FLOOD came out, an
increasing amount of anti-Darwin literature has become available until its
now flooding the market. The continent has never accepted Darwinism the
way that U.S. Scientists have, and it seems like more and more anti-Darwin
literature is from people that are not creationists, to begin with. Our
Universities are 'ruled' by older professors who were Darwinists in their
youth, but as death takes its inevitable toll our colleges stance will
change, too. After all, as you of all people should be cognizant of, it
takes time. Speaking of time, your stance seems to be mentioned in Eccl.
9:11 "....but time and chance happeneth to them all."

Ye shall know the Truth, and trhe Truth
shall make you free. John 8:32
Ron Chitwood
chitw@flash.net

----------
> From: Glenn R. Morton <grmorton@waymark.net>
> To: Ron Chitwood <chitw@flash.net>; EVOLUTION@calvin.edu
> Subject: Growing problems?????
> Date: Monday, June 01, 1998 10:06 PM
>
> At 05:39 PM 6/1/98 -0500, Ron Chitwood wrote:
>
> >Really, all I am asking is that you take it one step further and realize
> >that the sun is setting on macroevolution because of more current
findings
> >in microbiology, mathematics, etc. Why do you suppose PC or the 'hopeful
> >monster' idea has been proposed? Its because the data that has been
> >accumulated earlier is proving to be an inadequate answer.
>
> I simply don't see this mass flocking of biologists and geologists away
> from evolution that creationists have claimed has been occurring for many
> years. If it is occurring, then why don't we see universities teaching
> anti-evolution?
>
> Examples:
>
> "Even though the large majority of modern scientists still embrace an
> evolutionary view of origins, there is a significant and growing number
of
> scientists who have abandoned evolution altogether and have accepted
> creation instead." ~ Mark Looy, "I Think; Therefore, There is a Supreme
> Thinker,"Impact, 208, October, 1990, p. i
>

> "Although the history of the earth and life has long been interpreted by
> the uniformitarian maxim, 'the present is the key to the past,' more and
> more geologists are returning to catastrophism." ~ Henry M. Morris,
> "Evolution - A House Divided," Impact, 194, August, 1989, p. iii.
>

> "Furthermore, even if it wasn't clear in Darwin's day, the modern
> scientific creationist movement has made it abundantly clear in our day
> that all the real facts of science support this Biblical position.
Despite