Re: Glenn wrote:

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Sat, 30 May 1998 15:08:33 -0500

At 05:48 AM 5/30/98 -0500, Ron Chitwood wrote:

>means
>Palestine
>
>Have no idea what you are talking about. the Strong's lexicon I have
>describes the Hebrew as also using whole (Strong's 3605) as well as earth
>(Strong's 776). That kind of description is not found when Abram went from
>Ur to Palestine.

lets lay it out and try this. Genesis 8:9 says 'whole earth', the dove
couldn't find a place to put her foot.
Genesis 8:9 But the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and she
returned unto him into the ark, for the waters were on the face of the
whole earth: then he put forth his hand, and took her, and pulled her in
unto him into the ark.

Now the Hebrew is 'kol eretz', whole earth. Does this mean all of planet
earth or all of the land? Lets look at another occurrence of this term.

The famine in Egypt at the time of Joseph is the next case. Genesis
41:56-57 says,

56 And the famine was over all the face of the earth: And Joseph opened
all the storehouses, and sold unto the Egyptians; and the famine waxed sore
in the land of Egypt.
57 And all countries came into Egypt to Joseph for to buy corn; because
that the famine was so sore in all lands.

The term in 57 'all countries' in Hebrew is 'kol eretz' the very same term
you are saying means the entire planet in regard to the dove in Genesis 8:9.

So, we know from history that the Amazonian Indians didn't come to Egypt to
buy grain, neither did the Chinese, or the San Bushmen from South Africa.
Obviously, the entire world didn't go buy grain from Egypt. The phrase
does not mean what you think it does.
glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood