Re: Destructive criticism - last post

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Thu, 28 May 1998 21:03:31 -0500

Stephen,

You have asked two question. I will, for the last time ever respond to
these issues.

On Thu, 28 May 1998 22:00:36 +0800 you wrote:

>I still notice that Glenn himself does not deny it. How about it Glenn?
Make >Ed's joy complete. Deny *categorically* that you have *ever* posted
ad >hominems against me or anyone else on this Reflector.

I don't recall any.

At 08:02 PM 5/28/98 +0800, Stephen Jones wrote:
>I said "regularly". I will ask you one more time:
>
>Do you go *regularly* to church? Do you read the Bible and pray *regularly*?
>Do you pray for your `enemies' like Morris, Gish, Ross and Johnson?
>
>It is no crime if you don't *regularly* go to church, or read the Bible
and pray
>*regularly*. But it is a bit naughty to keep evading the question. How about
>a simple "yes" or "no" (Mt 5:37).

While frankly, it is absolutely none of your darned business what my church
attendance is or what my Bible reading habits are, I will answer this and
then I am through with you.

I go to church every Sunday, unless I am out of town. I am in the choir
and have been for several years (sing bass as long as I sit next to a good
singer, otherwise I am not sure what part I sing). Do I pray for those who
differ from me? Often. Do I read the Bible--nearly every day (not all, I
can't live up to your standards of perfection.)

Now get your nose out of my personal business! I find your repeated demands
on this particular issue to be rude, annoying, unchristian, unloving,
judgmental, pridefully pharisaic, and holier than thou. Are you going to
look down your nose at me if I am not as good as you think you, yourself
are? You have NO right to judge me in this fashion. Who do you think you
are, God? I am a servant of God and am responsible to Him. I don't have to
answer to you for my relationship with my God. That is between Him and me.
With that, keep your nose to yourself!

glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood