Re: Problems for evolution in latest SCIENCE issue?

Stephen Jones (sejones@ibm.net)
Mon, 11 May 1998 05:26:00 +0800

Brian

On Thu, 07 May 1998 14:23:34 -0400, Brian D Harper wrote:

>SJ>Here are some summaries from the most recent SCIENCE Online (I don't
>>have access to the main articles), which suggest big problems may
>>loooming for evolution:

BH>What are the big problems?

If you can't see any potential "big problems" for evolution in the items I posted
then probably for you there cannot be any "big problems" for evolution, Brian!

After all, a theory that can accommodate anything and its opposite (eg. Eukaryotes
descending from Prokaryotes as well as Prokaryotes descending from Eukaryotes),
probably *can't* be troubled by anything! But then neither is Astrology!

If you think this is a bit unfair, maybe you could let us know what *would* be
a "big problem" for evolution?

Stephen E (Steve) Jones ,--_|\ sejones@ibm.net
3 Hawker Avenue / Oz \ Steve.Jones@health.wa.gov.au
Warwick 6024 ->*_,--\_/ Phone +61 8 9448 7439
Perth, West Australia v "Test everything." (1Thess 5:21)