Re: Yet more denigrating of Apologists (was Why?)

Glenn Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 18:50:43 -0500

At 02:53 PM 4/21/98 -0400, cynic@net-link.net wrote:
>I can tell you from my own experience that
>he is right about this. As a Christian teenager, I swallowed the YEC
>line completely. Then I began asking questions and not getting good
>answers. A youth pastor encouraged me to research the answers for
>myself. I was shocked to find out that most of what was written in all
>of those ICR pamphlets I had been reading was nonsense. My faith never
>recovered. Unlike Glenn, I could not reconcile the clear meaning of the
>biblical text with what I knew of science.

Ed,

Let me ask something about your story. Why couldn't you accept the
generally accepted liberal Christian view that early Genesis is 'true' but
non-historical?

and

Foundation, Fall and Flood