Re: Baugardner paper

Glenn Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Thu, 05 Mar 1998 06:02:06 -0600

At 11:41 PM 3/4/98 -0500, Jim Bell wrote:
>Message text written by Glenn Morton:
>
>>Once again Jim, having numbers doesn't prove a thing unless the numbers
>solve the problem. They don't. And I stand by what I said.<
>
>Ah, then you've read the 1994 paper I referenced. Where, exactly, is the
>error?

Jim, did you read anything I wrote a few weeks ago? The statement is in the
last of Baumgardner's papers in the 1994. It is in

S. A. Austin, J. R. Baumgardner, et al, "Catastrophic Plate Tectonics: A
Global Flood Model of Earth History," Proc. 3rd Int Conf. on Creationism,
1994, pp 609-621. That is where they write

"Gravitational potential energy released by the subduction of this
lithosphere is on the order of 10^28 J." p. 612

They reference J. R. Baumgardner "Numerical simulation of the large-scale
tectonic changes Accompanying the Flood, Proc. 1st Int. Conf. on
Creationism, 1987, pp 17-30. In that paper Baumgardern calculates the heat
released by gravitational energy as 3 x 10^28 Joules (top of page 19).

Oh, since you were counting my references in the first paper, make a note
that the Austin, Baumgardner et al, cite 6 of my articles and a book I
wrote as a YEC. Even after I changed my perspective, they are still citing
my papers. What does that tell you about their flexibility?

and

Foundation, Fall and Flood