Re: Modern man did not domesticate Fido

Glenn Morton (grmorton@psyberlink.net)
Fri, 13 Jun 1997 17:24:00 -0500

At 08:50 AM 6/13/97 -0500, Thom Quinn wrote:
>The Oldest fossil of anatomically modern man are from 92,000. The
>difference is 40,000---but, we do not think, boom, 92,000 modern man
>came out of nowhere. In fact, modern looking people could be much older
>and we have just not found the fossils. Homo has been extrememly complex
>for the past 200,000 years.
>
>Thom

Actually the oldest fossils of modern man are from 120,000 years at Klasies
River Mouth in South Africa. What you suggest would be possible IF the wolf
was found in Africa. It isn't. The wolf is a Eurasian and North American
creature. (See Encyclopedia Britannica 1982 vol. X p. 724.) Modern man is
only found in the Middle East 92,000 years ago at Qafzeh. While
anatomically modern man may have been on the planet 135,000 years ago, there
is as yet no evidence that anatomically modern man and wolf were together in
Eurasia at that time.

135,000 years ago, archaic homo sapiens, Neanderthal, and Homo Erectus were
the only people on Eurasia.

glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood