Re: As people become Christians

Glenn Morton (grmorton@psyberlink.net)
Fri, 13 Jun 1997 17:29:24 -0500

At 07:51 AM 6/13/97, Dario Giraldo wrote:
>Well Glenn thanks for all of your lengthy response.
>
>Did the Lazarus' resurrection violated any known variables ?
>
>How about the parting of the Red Sea ?
>
>In all of your explanations you keep leaving one thing out: An all
>powerful God how created it all.
>
>You really don't believe that God intervenes in the affairs of men and
>nature if He so chooses.
>
>Believing in God isn't hard. Believing God is.

Dario,

I have absolutely no qualms about appealing to the miraculous. The problem
is Baumgardner doesn't appeal to the miraculous. Quite the opposite, he
implies that all these things can happen naturalistically without God's
miraculous intervention. If he were merely to say, "The flood is a miracle"
then I would have no criticism to aim in his direction. Young-earth
creationists seem to want science if it supports their position and miracle
if the science doesn't support their position. Heads you win, tails I lose.

Of course this isn't very fair, but it does allow you never to have to
consider that the science YEC leaders are putting out is attrocious.

If you beleive the Flood was a miracle, they why are you looking for science
to support it?

>God has no limits and He still looking for men of faith who will dare
>believe Him without reservations to accomplish humanly impossible feats.

I absolutely agree with you. But if He did something miraculously, then I
can never look for scientific evidence for it.

>Oh by the way, will the earth be melted away at the end of the age or this
>is another prophecy that doesn't rime with science ?

I absolutely agree.

glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood