Re: Carnivores today? (was Re: Carnivores in Eden)

Dario A Giraldo (giraldo@wln.com)
Mon, 07 Apr 1997 22:21:26 -0700

At 11:34 PM 4/7/97 -0700, Arthur V. Chadwick wrote:

>I hope you are doing better exegesis on your other texts than you did on
>this one. Peter clearly defines what his interpretation of the dream was
>in verse 28 of the same chapter. You should do your homework better. This
>passage has nothing to do with eating except as a paradigm for a new way of
>reaching the world.
>Art
>http://chadwicka.swau.edu

Sorry for not being explicit enough for you. Before sending me to do
homework, my point had to do with the 'kill and eat' order. Peter never
said that he didn't eat meat but rather that he didn't eat kosher meat
(after all he ate the Passover meal with Jesus which included the eating of
a lamb). And the issue was the eating of flesh vs. vegetables not the
interpretation of dreams.

Brings to mind an old saying in South America: "Al buen entendedor con
pocas palabras basta"

Best Regards,

Dario Giraldo