Are we that naive ?

Dario A Giraldo (giraldo@wln.com)
Tue, 18 Feb 1997 23:14:28 -0800

At 09:18 PM 2/24/97 -0600, Glenn Morton wrote:

Glenn, Glenn, Glenn, please give a massive break.

What was the context of your remark about birds with reptile teeth ?

Jeff wrote following:

> snip...They way it was explained is that there is no fossil with
> an animal that is part reptile part bird. No record that has part scale
> and part feather. With the lack of this there is no evidence that any
> animal evolved from any other. They just appear as fully formed new
> animals in the fossil record. Therefore evolution never happened.
>
> respones from either point would be appreciated.

And this was your answer:

> Archaeopteryx is a bird with reptile teeth.

What is the reader led to believe ? It was because of this setting
that I sent the whole piece on birds written by Pitman.

> Did I miss something? I didn't see anyone say that no biologist argued for
> creation. Gary Parker is a biologist and a YEC.

In case you missed it, on 2/17/97 the following was posted to the list:

> snip...Why is it that many of the world's leading (and vocal) opponents
> of evolution are from non-biological disciplines?
>
>Henry Morris--hydraulic engineer
>John Morris--engineer
>Hugh Ross--astronomy
>Phil Johnson--lawyer

Any biology teacher at a major university with the prestige of Cambridge
along with being a published author whose books can be purchased at
local bookstores or book clubs qualifies him, in my view, as a leading
voice.

These two items were the motivation for my post. It is good to air views
from all sides of the spectrum.

Best Regards,

Dario Giraldo