Re: Are we that naive ?

Glenn Morton (grmorton@psyberlink.net)
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 06:13:25 -0600

At 11:14 PM 2/18/97 -0800, Dario A Giraldo wrote:
>At 09:18 PM 2/24/97 -0600, Glenn Morton wrote:
>
>Glenn, Glenn, Glenn, please give a massive break.
>
>What was the context of your remark about birds with reptile teeth ?
>
>Jeff wrote following:
>
>> snip...They way it was explained is that there is no fossil with
>> an animal that is part reptile part bird. No record that has part scale
>> and part feather. With the lack of this there is no evidence that any
>> animal evolved from any other. They just appear as fully formed new
>> animals in the fossil record. Therefore evolution never happened.
>>
>> respones from either point would be appreciated.
>
>And this was your answer:
>
>> Archaeopteryx is a bird with reptile teeth.
>
>What is the reader led to believe ?

Transitional forms take what is called a mosaic nature. One part of the
body changes, then another then another. I was pointing out that bird teeth
have the appearance of such a mosaic.

What did you think about the possibility of a dinosaur with feathers?

No, I didn't miss this, but they are not biologists, You wrote:

>I hope that the claim that was made that no biologist is making the case
>for creationism without using evolution is put to rest now.

I didn't think an astronomer, lawyer hydraulic engineer or engineer counted
as biologists. I just never saw the claim made that you were attacking. I
must have missed it.

>Any biology teacher at a major university with the prestige of Cambridge
>along with being a published author whose books can be purchased at
>local bookstores or book clubs qualifies him, in my view, as a leading
>voice.
>

>These two items were the motivation for my post. It is good to air views
>from all sides of the spectrum.

I agree with you hear. By the way, I am glad you didn't leave the list. As
a former young-earth creationist, I enjoy talking with young earth
creationists. There are too many TEs here.

glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood