Re: The latest bombing mission

Darrin R. Brooker (drb@inforamp.net)
Wed, 8 Jan 1997 20:41:03 -0500 (EST)

Glenn,

I say the following only because I do not want you to become one of those
Christians you accused of 'overwhelming silence'. Stephen Jones has made a
lot of good points that I think you need to answer....even if they are a
little late in arriving.

You can not simply dismiss this by saying:

>Prior to 3 weeks ago I had always tried to answer your notes. But with >your
>last bombing mission of 3 weeks ago, I decided that I wasn't going to >deal
>with old discussions which have long gone away. Answering statements >made
>weeks ago is simply too difficult. One must go back, remember what was >said
>and then reply only to have to wait for several weeks before you bless us
>with
>another bombing mission. Besides, one must try to read an enormous >amount of
>material at once which is unfair to us. If you can keep up in a timely
>fashion
>I would be delighted to discuss things with you. But as it is I find that
>the trains of thought are lost in the intervening weeks waiting for your
>replies.

That is too easy a way out. If the truth is your objective, you should
welcome the material Stephen presents...regardless of past differences.

Stephen writes:

>Firstly, we should all keep in mind that Glenn believes that Adam was
>a Homo habilis/erectus who lived 5.5 million years ago, which is
>definitely "about anthropology...totally incorrect." In picking
>fault with Hugh Ross, for being allegedly "about anthropology...
>totally incorrect" Glenn could ponder Mt 7:3: "Why do you look at
>the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to
>the plank in your own eye?" :-)

Just think we need to keep the rules the same for everyone. I don't think
you want Jim Bell accusing you of 'overwhelming silence'. What could be
worse than that!!!!! ;-)

Soli Deo Gloria
Darrin Brooker