Re: The Other Place?

Terry M. Gray (grayt@calvin.edu)
Wed, 8 Jan 1997 14:06:14 -0500

If you end your command string with an "end" (no quotes) command, none of
the listserv programs will complain.

TG

>Jim wrote
>
>>Jeff Wyant wrote:
>>
>><<Can anyone tell me how to get signed off this list?>>
>>
>>There IS no way off. Welcome to Hellllllllll......HA HA HA HA HA HA!
>>
>Oh come now, Jim. If you're here against your will, you can follow the
>same advice I now give Jeff:
>
>Send email to majordomo@calvin.edu containing the text
>
>unsubscribe evolution
>

>in the message body. Some list servers will complain if your message has a
>subject, so I don't use one. Don't know whether this one does. Most list
>servers will complain if your message ends with a signature, and this one
>does. However it executes the unsubscribe command before it complains, so
>no harm done.
>
>Oh crud. Now Jim can get off the list too, and he's sooo entertaining :-).
>Don't go Jim...
>
>Bill Hamilton
>William E. Hamilton, Jr, Ph.D. | Staff Research Engineer
>Chassis and Vehicle Systems | General Motors R&D Center | Warren, MI
>810 986 1474 (voice) | 810 986 3003 (FAX) | whamilto@mich.com (home email)

Terry M. Gray, Ph.D. Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Calvin College 3201 Burton SE Grand Rapids, MI 40546
Office: (616) 957-7187 FAX: (616) 957-6501
Email: grayt@calvin.edu http://www.calvin.edu/~grayt

*This mission critical message was written on a Macintosh with Eudora Pro*

A special message for Macintosh naysayers:
http://www.macworld.com/pages/july.96/Column.2204.html