Re: Gray on Johnson

Brian D. Harper (bharper@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu)
Fri, 19 Apr 1996 15:28:59 -0400

At 02:20 PM 4/19/96 EDT, Jim wrote:
>Terry wrote:
>
><<I think that we're getting a bit rancorous here in this thread. Perhaps I
>can contribute to some reconcilation.>>
>
>As if!
>
>You're right, though. We've been hearing about "lazy duffs" and the like
>lately, and that's unnecessary.
>
>Anyway, your post was GREAT! You don't ramble on about "primary and
>secondary," you don't accuse anyone of "intellectual deceit," you don't don
>the priestly robes.
>
>No, you actually went to the merits of the case. Gadzooks, what a concept!

This is keying in on only half of the story. Steve's arguments *have*
been judged on their merits and have been soundly and repeatedly
refuted. It was pointed out to Steve that one reason for his faulty
arguments might be that he is relying too heavily on secondary
sources. This is not donning priestly robes.

Brian Harper | "I can't take my guesses back
Associate Professor | That I based on almost facts
Applied Mechanics | That ain't necessarily so"
Ohio State University | -- Willie Nelson