Re: Can you be objective about evolution?

Steven Schimmrich (s-schim@students.uiuc.edu)
Fri, 19 Apr 1996 14:02:30 -0500 (CDT)

Arthur Chadwick wrote:

> Denis posted:
>
>> How about Art? Do you have to sign some sort of creationist statement of
>> faith at the college where you are teaching that philosophy of science
>> course? Any chance it is skewing you, to use your words, from "being
>> objective about evolution?"
>
> While I do not think Denis' ad hominem remarks are worthy of a response, I
> would like to address a couple of points he raises.
> [ Material deleted ]

Art, I would also be interested if the Adventist college you teach at does
have professors subscribe to any Statements of Belief regarding science. You
didn't really address that in your reply so I can't help wondering.

Does anyone know if any schools do require such a thing?

- Steve.

--      Steven H. Schimmrich       Callsign KB9LCG       s-schim@uiuc.edu      Department of Geology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign         245 Natural History Building, Urbana, IL 61801  (217) 244-1246      http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/s-schim           Deus noster refugium