Re: Will Provine

Thomas L Moore (mooret@GAS.UUG.Arizona.EDU)
Fri, 9 Feb 1996 15:37:20 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 9 Feb 1996, Gordon Simons wrote:

> Presumably the most relevant survey would occur in hell - a place Will
> Provine readily says he's going if he's wrong about his atheism.

I find this in very poor taste especially considering he has only a year
to live. I found this attitude distasteful when Azimov died, and I find
it equally distasteful now.

In any case, he could be exactly right. Should I now make a
statement saying "won't you be embarrased when the only survey that
matters is the one after you die in which you'll find you wasted your life?"

In other words, it's nothing but ad hominem or some other logical fallacy.

Tom