Re: Human explosion (fwd)

Stephen Jones (sjones@iinet.net.au)
Wed, 20 Dec 95 06:44:24 EST

David

On Tue, 12 Dec 1995 16:50:17 GMT you wrote:

[...]

>5. It is so commonly accepted that those who flaunt it are
>liable to be ignored or ridiculed. This is just a fact.
>There is no doubt that naturalistic scientists form "the
>establishment" in contemporary science - and are vociferous in
>defending their position. I see no reason why this should affect our
>thinking. This is not a reason for accepting the status quo and
>working within it - our task is to promote what we consider to be
>right.

Totally agree. If being "ignored or ridiculed" was a criteria, then
Christianity would never have got off first base!

This seems to be advocating the expediency argument? The same
argument was once used by a religious leader called Caiaphas:

"Then one of them, named Caiaphas, who was high priest that year,
spoke up, "You know nothing at all! You do not realize that it is
better for you that one man die for the people than that the whole
nation perish." (Jn 11:49-50)

God bless.

Stephen

| 3 Hawker Ave | / Oz \ | sjones@odyssey.apana.org.au |
| Warwick 6024 |->*_,--\_/ | http://www.iinet.net.au/~sjones/ |
| Perth, Australia | v | phone +61 9 448 7439 |