Re: Time/Cambrian Explosion

Stephen Jones (sjones@iinet.net.au)
Thu, 14 Dec 95 05:49:29 EST

Loren

On Thu, 07 Dec 1995 14:42:34 -0500 (EST) you wrote:

[...]

LH>I would like to offer one small but (IMO) important correction on
>the part of theistic evolutionists. Theistic evolutionists believe
>that
>The evidence from the natural realm shows that the Creator played
>THE SAME ROLE in the development of life as he did in the development
>of the universe's physical forms. (e.g. heavier elements, galaxies,
>stars, planets, earth's geological features, etc.)

In the case of the Earth, even this may have involved Divine
intervention:

"West Australian Thursday December 7 1995 3
By Jove, we're almost there
Los Angeles

..As much a failed star as a giant planet, Jupiter rules as a system
of 16 moons. Its enormous bulk - 318 times the mass of Earth - makes
it a key part of the solar system, with more mass than all the other
planets and moons combined. Its gravitational pull is so great that
it distorts the orbits of all other bodies and flings countless stray
comets out of the solar system, in a sense, squeezing a clear lane for
Earth and the evolution of life."

It seems we must add this also this to Hugh Ross' list of over 100
parameters that indicate an amzing degree of intricate fine-tuning of
the universe and solar system so that life on Earth is possible.

God bless.

Stephen

| 3 Hawker Ave | / Oz \ | sjones@odyssey.apana.org.au |
| Warwick 6024 |->*_,--\_/ | http://www.iinet.net.au/~sjones/ |
| Perth, Australia | v | phone +61 9 448 7439 |