Re: Fwd: Chordates, Evolution and the flood

Stephen Jones (sjones@iinet.net.au)
Thu, 14 Dec 95 06:29:11 EST

Group

On Fri, 8 Dec 1995 01:19:29 -0500 Glenn wrote:

[...]

>The first option can't be ruled out entirely but the Progressive Creationists
>are usually reluctant to talk about the destruction aspect their theory
>demands. God created a lot of animals which were subsequently destroyed
>possibly directly by Him. In fact a lot of PC's argue against evolution
>because it is a cruel process. But so is PC.

This Progressive Creationist has no problem with God destroying plants
and animals that He had originally created. That is the clear message
of
the Flood, and indeed the final consummation of the age.

And I do not buy the ICR's line (usually quoting the atheist Monod!)
that
natural selection is "cruel". The individual plant or animal whose
line
is going to be extinguished in the future is not all that worried
about
it! One could argue that the lion eating the deer is cruel, but Ps 104
says this shows the wisdom of God.

God bless.

Stephen

| 3 Hawker Ave | / Oz \ | sjones@odyssey.apana.org.au |
| Warwick 6024 |->*_,--\_/ | http://www.iinet.net.au/~sjones/ |
| Perth, Australia | v | phone +61 9 448 7439 |