Re: Testing atomism

GRMorton@aol.com
Mon, 20 Nov 1995 21:46:16 -0500

Loren writes:

>I don't have any references on hand, and I'm not conveniently near any
>physics library. The best I can tell you is that, over the last 7 years,
>_Phys_Rev_Lett_ has had quite a few articles (and pretty pictures) on "ion
>trapping" and "laser cooling/trapping of atoms."
>
>Someone else want to offer a reference?

I always thought those colors were false colors from the pixel amplitudes.
We do that all the time in seismology. Our seismic data is colorized to
bring out various qualities hidden in the data. Am I wrong about those laser
cooling pictures? That is an area I have not kept up with cause it has
nothing to do with evolution/flood.

glenn