Re: human explosion

GRMorton@aol.com
Mon, 20 Nov 1995 21:46:14 -0500

Stephen wrote:

>>On Fri, 3 Nov 1995 06:58:54 -0500 Glenn wrote:<<

Good grief, Stephen that was two and a half weeks ago. Why didn't you
respond then? Please try to keep up.

Stephen wrote:
>>GM>You miss entirely the arguments I have made. My arguments are not
>at all based upon Adam being created exactly 50,000 years ago. They
>are against ANY view which believes Adam was created LESS than at the
>very least 2 million years ago! I don't care whether you believe in
>a 10,000 year old creation of Adam, a 30,000, 40,000 or 50,000 year
>creation of Adam. There was evidence of human activities and human
>characteristics much longer ago than that!

That was *not* what Glenn was originally arguing. He made a number of
statements of things that occurred very recently and argued that they
are too *recent* (not too *old*), for a view that Adam was created
50,000 years ago. eg:<<

Stephen the problem with all current views of how to incorporate fossil man
into a biblical view is that if you believe Adam was any older than 10,000
years ago, then there is no evidence of farming. There are only four ways to
solve this problem. Only one of them accounts for all the data.

1. Do as Pearce does in _Who was Adam?_ and believe that Adam was created
10,000 years ago. This ignores a). the evidence of human activity prior to
10,000 years ago, b) the lack of evidence for any flood which could remotely
be claimed as the basis for the Biblical story and c) the fact that
morphologically modern men existed prior to 10,000 years ago.

2. Do as Hugh Ross does and have Adam created 50,000 years ago. This ignores
a) the gap between Adam and the first evidence of farming. b) This ignores
the evidence of human activity such as warfare, art, religious activity prior
to 50,000 years ago, c) the burials of the neanderthals. It leaves no
explanation for the flood.

3. One could suggest that Adam was created 120,000 years ago coincident with
the appearance of modern man. This ignores a) the evidence of human activity
like woodworking at 1.5 million years, body-painting from ochre at 1.5
million years ago, the existence of Broca's brain. This view also makes the
image of god be dependent upon the morphological appearance or brainsize. It
also leaves no place for the flood.

4. One could do what I have with the Mediterranean flood. It places the
creation of Adam prior to all known evidence of human activity. It explains
the flood exactly as described in the Bible.

glenn