Re: Testing Darwinism

Steve Clark (ssclark@facstaff.wisc.edu)
Thu, 16 Nov 1995 18:34:57 -0600

>I appreciate Del Ratzsch's attempt to clarify the discussion between Steve
>and I. But (and this is not a put-down on Del, I fully appreciate his post)
>-- it did not change the issue. That is, Steve wrote:
>
>>>No set of data can be explained by only one theory. You wish
>>>to have data that do not follow this rule ...
>
>Steve mis-represented me. I did not mention any such rule. (And I think
>Steve's word "rule" is a somewhat misleading wording, Del's "principle of
>under-determination" is a better description.) I did not wish or require
>any rule to be broken. Steve's point was a mis-representation of me.

Del accurately represents the point of underdetermination that I made. And
I'm not mis-representing Walter. I suggest a re-reading of my response to
Walter in its entirety and let everyone judge for themselves.

Steve
Steven S. Clark, Ph.D. Phone: (608) 263-9137
Associate Professor FAX: (608) 263-4226
Dept. of Human Oncology and email: ssclark@facstaff.wisc.edu
UW Comprehensive Cancer Ctr
University of Wisconsin
Madison, WI 53792

"Universities are full of knowledge; the freshmen bring a little in, the
seniors take none away...the knowledge accumulates." Mark Twain