Re: Fossil Man again

Stephen Jones (sjones@iinet.com.au)
Wed, 20 Sep 95 22:38:53 EDT

Steve

On Fri, 15 Sep 1995 18:30:23 -0500 you wrote:

SC>The lack of an acceptable naturalistic mechanism for the appearance
>of humans, does not automatically require one to invoke a
>supernatural explanation.

Agreed, but if we have good Biblical grounds to expect a discontinuity
(eg. the origin of life, the origin of humans, etc), then it is
surely reasonable to see the lack of naturalistic explanations as
pointing to a supernatural explanation?

SC>This is a bias as large as what you accuse Glenn of having.

No. The naturalist (I am not saying that Glenn is one), rules out the
supernatural apriori. The supernaturalist is open to the possibility
of there being other than naturalistic causes at strategic points.

God bless.

Stephen

| 3 Hawker Ave | / Oz \ | sjones@odyssey.apana.org.au |
| Warwick 6024 |->*_,--\_/ | http://www.iinet.net.au/~sjones/ |
| Perth, Australia | v | phone +61 9 448 7439 |