RE: The puzzle of Adam

From: Don Perrett <donperrett@genesisproclaimed.org>
Date: Sun Dec 05 2004 - 08:26:54 EST

George wrote:

    I should add that my view of biblical authority and the limits of the
canon does not depend simply on my feelings. It is not for individuals to
decree what is or isn't canonical. E.g., I like Logion 77 ("Split the wood;
I am there ..."), in part because it seems supportive of Lutheran
christology, but I don't have the right to quote it as authoritative
scripture.

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/

Don P:
I realize that a "single" individual cannot decide what is or is not
canonical, a group of "individuals" have and will continue to do so. I do
not believe that you meant individuals do not decide, but rather a single
individual does not. I say this because regardless of whether it is voted
on by the entire religious community or a group of theologians, it is still
decided individually by each participant.

Don P