Re: David Limbaugh at UNCW

From: <jwburgeson@juno.com>
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 15:32:48 EDT

Wally wrote: "Can you reference an internet site where these laws are
published? I have had no luck in hunting them down."

President Bush signed the D&X ban bill on Nov 5, 2003. The link below is
a copy of his remarks.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/11/20031105-1.html

Three judges have found the bill unconstitutional, or possibly so, and
have kept it from being enforced.

Bush apparently knows only what his handlers tell him; the link below is
more informative. All sides of the Dialation and Extraction (so called
partial birth abortion) debate may be found at

http://www.religioustolerance.org/abo_pba.htm

Here is a brief summary of that web page.
 -----------------------
DILATION & EXTRACTION (PBA) PROCEDURE

 Dilation & Extraction procedures are called D&X, Intact D&X, and
Intrauterine cranial decompression. The non-medical terms: PBA and
Partial-birth Abortions are commonly used by the public.

Topics covered in this section (each of these is a link):

 D&X introduction:
Overview;
the procedure;
why are they done;
disinformation

 Attempts to pass a federal anti-D&X law
1995 to 2001
2002 & 2003

 Reactions to the 2003 anti-D&X law:

 State anti-D&X laws

 The Supreme Court ruling of 2000

 Misc. topics: Debate strategies; Public opinion surveys

For recent news on D&X procedures, search our abortion news lists for the
term D&X
On the web page, www.burgy.50megs.com/six.htm are the testimonies of six
women who have all had a D&X procedure. For those favoring the current
bill, that bill would subject each of these women, and their doctors, to
criminal prosecution. Tell me, then, if YOU were one of these women, how
YOU would have handled the situation.

jb

Now includes pop-up blocker!