Re: David Limbaugh at UNCW

From: Innovatia <dennis@innovatia.com>
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 13:47:44 EDT

Moorad,

> If you are right, what is a Christian to do on election day? Stay home and
not vote?

Yes, and put the time into digging behind the facade of politics to where
the real sources of power are. David Thoreau's saying applies to poignantly
to the American Christian church: "A thousand hack at the branches of evil
while one strikes at the root." Check out www.infowars.com for one place to
begin. It is the website of investigative reporter Alex Jones. He
occasionally appears on the mainstream media (Good Morning America, etc.)
when the mainstream media can no longer ignore something Jones has reported
some time before. He is not an oil-company news source.

> It is difficult for a Christian to be president.

It is not possible for a Christian to become President of the Untied States.
Anyone sincerely professing Christian faith in the White House has been
successfully duped by those who put him there and is the unwitting tool of
the real rulers of evil behind him.

> How does one translate, as much as possible, the knowledge and personal
relationship with Jesus the Christ into governing the nation. I believe that
Bush is much above Kerry in doing that--for instance, the abortion issue,
same-sex marriage, etc. Thus, as a Christian I feel a compelling obligation
to vote.

They are both Bonesmen. Does that mean anything to you?

Besides, the people who make policy decisions are not following the campaign
positions used to elect their man to the presidency. The Bush dynasty is not
anti-abortion, but if it can get them elected, it is a useful position to
take during campaigns. It is because enough Americans simply believe words
from politicians that these people can be elected only on their words.
Actions are soon forgotten.

> "First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and
thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in
authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness
and dignity. This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth."
1 Tim. 2:1-4.

Notice the motive for praying for those in power: not to advance their
interests but that God would work circumstances so that the gosepl can best
be promoted. When one prays about rulers from these motives, it may not at
all serve to promtoe what they are doing.

Dennis F.