Fw: God is not a cat in Schroedinger's box!

From: Innovatia <dennis@innovatia.com>
Date: Tue Oct 05 2004 - 15:22:05 EDT

From: "Glenn Morton" <glennmorton@entouch.net>

> The article goes on to say that the only reason there is any condemnation
of
> shooting school children in the back in Breslan, Russia is that Russia
has
> supported the Arabist cause. Yeah, they paint a good picture of God, and
> given the fact that Islam is a growing segment of the world and
constitutes
> around 1/5 of the world population, it would seem that they do have God on
> their side.

It's more that this. A recent estimate is that of the 6 billion population
of the world, about 1.5 billion are Islamic. That's 1/4 of the world
population.

Not to detract from the epistemological discussion of Glenn and Howard, but
I have noticed a few interesting correspondences between

Rev. 6:7-8 (ESV)
    When he opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living
creature say, "Come!" [8] And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its
rider's name was Death, and Hades followed him. And they were given
authority over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and
with pestilence and by wild beasts of the earth.

and Islam. Besides the 1/4 figure corresponding to the present fraction of
world popuation under Islam, which color is the "pale" horse? "Pale" is
derived from the Greek word chloros, as in chlorine and chlorophyll - green.
The Islamic crescent and cross are green. Might this be referring to Islam?
I don't know. But maybe.

Is this an example of the kind of non-either-or epistemlogy Howard is
arguing for?

Dennis Feucht